Journalist. Strategist. Innovator.
Leah R. Betancourt is an award-winning journalist, strategic thinker and innovator who thrives on breaking news, real-time content and audience engagement on digital, social and mobile platforms. She has written several guides for journalists on the use of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and user-generated video. She was a social media consultant for the New York Times Regional Media Group. She has led training sessions on best practices with multi-platform, multi-screen news coverage and engagement with TV news and newspaper newsrooms. She was also a featured speaker at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University and the Schieffer School of Journalism.
Areas of Expertise:
• Breaking news writing, reporting, content curation and verification.
• Digital strategy for audience engagement, amplification and growth.
• Manage and train newsrooms on digital, mobile and social platforms.
• Ability to launch, foster, engage and grow online and social media communities.
• Effectively create, curate, aggregate and package digital content for compelling storytelling.
• Solid understanding of analytics, big data, and building audience engagement on mobile and social media.